Have you bought a brand new extender and confused about how to install and configure it? If so, you are at the right post. In this tutorial, we will make you familiar with the process of new extender setup. Continue reading.
As we all know that the market is full of different range expanders but most people opt for Netgear due to its fast connectivity. The device is used to transform your dead zones or blind spots into fun zones. What’s more, it helps you keep computers, mobile devices, as well as media players connected with a reliable WiFi connection.
Tips before going for Netgear WiFi Range Extender Setup
During Netgear extender setup, it’s recommended to place your device near wireless router. However, once you are done with extender setup, you can place it anywhere in the home or office.
- Reset your device
As WiFi repeater is a plug and play device, so it’s always better to reset it before you install new extender setup.
Here are a few essential elements which you must have to perform Wireless extender setup accurately:
- A live Internet connection
- A desktop or laptop having Windows or Mac operating system
- A reliable web browser
- Your expander’s MAC address
- Your modem’s wireless security key
Choose your method for WiFi Extender Setup
There are two main ways to set up your brand new repeater: manual setup and WPS setup. Both are described below:
- Manual Setup
In this setup method, one has to manually switch between available WiFi networks depending on their signal strength. Also, it lets you identify your repeater’s SSID or network name.
- WPS Setup
This method for WiFi extender setup is quite faster than the first one. It automatically transmits the same passcode and SSID as that of source modem, eliminating the need for manually switching between wireless networks.
So, these were two different ways to perform Netgear new WiFi range extender setup. Select the one as per your needs and go for that.
Set your device with Manual Setup
Here’s the step-by-step guide to install and configure your device if it has an Ethernet port:
- Connect your Netgear Expander to a computer using an Ethernet cable.
- Launch an Internet browser and enter Mywifiext in the address bar.
- Once done, you will be asked for the default username and password.
- After logging in, go to Setup section.
- Verify the Password.
- Finally, click on Apply button.
- Connect your device with the extended network.
Thus, one can easily configure their device manually.
In case your range expander doesn’t have an Ethernet port, follow the steps below to set it up:
- First and foremost, reset your device to default factory settings.
- Connect it to an available wireless network.
- Log in to mywifiext and enter default login details.
- Go through the setup wizard and make a connection between router and it.
- Connect it with other WiFi devices once again.
Install WiFi Repeater via WPS Setup
- Place your device and router as close as possible.
- Plug in it to an electrical socket and turn it on.
- Next, press the WPS button.
- Just after a couple of minutes, press WPS button of router.
- Log in to web user interface of configuration.
- Connect it to other wireless devices.
- Your device will look for extended network and make a connection with it.
Now, you are done with the setup process. These steps are quite simple. Follow them carefully and enjoy fast WiFi network in far corners of home or office even in backyard. Which method you are going to use? Share your thoughts with us through the comments section below.